The goal: you have any of several reasons to be licensed to carry a personal firearm.
The problem: you have never shot a handgun.
The solution: follow one of these shortcut paths:
Texas License to Carry
- Verify your eligibility for a handgun license.
- Take our "Learn to Shoot" class. These are held
twice a month at a private range. Classes are generally 1-7 people.
You can pay a fee into the ammo pool and shoot 3-4 guns of different sizes and calibers, or bring your own gun and ammo.
These classes are usually scheduled about a week before an LTC class.
- Sign up for an LTC class.
While I do hold a strict training standard, no one under
my instruction has ever failed to get the license. That's over 2700 people.
- Either right before or right after the class, start your application at DPS
and schedule finger printing at the same time.
Take our Combo crash-course. That is an all-day class, and will take you from absolute
beginner with a handgun to completing qualification for the LTC, all in one day.
Virginia License (fully recognized in Texas)
- Watch a Handgun Safety video online (free).
- Take the short online test. There is no range training required.
- Pay for and print out your Certificate of Training, and download the other forms provided.
- Get fingerprinted.
- Mail everything to the VA State Police.